Monday, December 20, 2010

First Blog Experience

            The purpose of this blog is to take the personal opinions of people in their 20s and why they feel they are going through emerging adulthood. Jeffery Jensen Arnett, a psychology professor at Clark University in Worchester, MA., explains emerging adulthood as the stage between the age of 18 and late 20s, where people need more education to survive in an informational-based economy. This stage focuses on identity exploration, self-focus, and “a sense of possibilities.”


My intention for covering this beat is to learn more about this topic and gain a better understanding on what people our age think about this added psychological stage. My question to my fellow classmates and 20 somethings; “do you feel in between or the need to adapt to the ever changing technology our generation faces?” It seems that we have yet to comment on if or how we are affected by our surroundings. I would like this blog to open up your voices on why it is taking us so much longer to grow up.


I do not have any direct experience with blogs or as a journalist, other than my experience at UNC. I am a little apprehensive in my ability to blog about a large topic and taking responsibility for keeping my blog updated. I am also excited to learn about blogging and how it will help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment